Happy Monday and welcome to Part 3 of our Getting to Know the CompAlliance Workers’ Compensation Team.
Meet Maree Quetschenbach
- I am a Provider Contracting and Negotiations Specialist for CompAlliance in the Merriam, KS location for our PPO Division.
- My favorite part of my job is building relationships with providers, learning more about their practice and ultimately adding them as a Preferred Provider within our network.
- My biggest challenge right now is getting agreements back from providers. Several of them have transitioned to working from home or have been busy dealing with the impacts of COVID 19. It has required a great deal of patience and follow up.
- My hobbies are reading, exercise and travel.
- I am the functioning CFO, principal, referee, and cheer leader of my household during this time. But truly, my kids have been managing school on their own, keeping a good schedule and staying positive.
- One true positive during this time is having all of us gather for dinner (with my husband doing the cooking!). We have also been taking a walk together every night with our new puppy, Stella. It has been years since we have been able to do this due to our busy schedule. We have really enjoyed our time together and the chance to focus on our family.
- One of my favorite quotes: “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so….get on your way!” Dr. Seuss
- I have not started binge watching a show yet, although everyone tells me to watch “Tiger King”.
- I am not sure things will ever be quite the same, but when we all head back out into the world again my hope is that we continue to make family time a priority, slow down and focus on the things that truly matter.
I want to congratulate and give kudos to Maree, as our first staff member to share a picture of herself working at her at-home office!
Next up is Elaine Young.
- What you do for CompAlliance – Administrative Support for Vocational Services
- What do you like best about your job? – Working out of my house. I LOVE being able to work from home. Note: Elaine has been working from a home office for many years, as our Vocational team is 100% virtual!
- What is your biggest challenge at this time, and how are you overcoming this challenge? I really do not have any big challenges during this time other than keeping myself safe. I am doing my part to stay safe, staying home, going out with a mask and gloves, going to the store, getting what I want, and then getting home. I do miss not going to Planet Fitness every Monday through Friday, but I am walking at lunch time and doing some free weight exercises at home.
- What is one of your hobbies? I like to do counted cross stitch, exercise, bike ride.
- Are you also functioning as the principal at your home? Yes, I am the principal at my home. My mom lives with me, along with a boarder. All of us are staying safe!
- What is one positive you are experiencing during this time? My house looks amazing and my yard is getting the best spring clean-up!
- Do you have an insight or favorite poem, quote or thought you’d like to share? The one item that I saw on Facebook that hit home. When this is all over, it’s time to take care of America! We need to vacation in America, spend our money in America, buy American! I think this is very important for us to get our economy going. Keep the money in America, at least at the beginning!
- Is there a show or series you have been binge watching? Oh my, I’m a true binge watcher and I have even gotten my mom involved in binge watching with me. I’ve also corrupted my bff into binge watching. I finished Mrs. Fletcher, Love is Blind, and I’m going to start The Americans (I may have the title wrong). I did NOT watch Tiger King!!!!
- Is there a wish you have for when we get back to normal? Or, Can you think of one positive that will come out of this event? I think more companies will switch some of their workers to stay at home positions. At least I hope they do because so many of my friends are loving the idea of working out of home right now. AND, it is really good for the environment! The air pollution has been in check now for a bit. I also think more people will become appreciative and quit taking things for granted, and finally, I believe kindness will make a huge comeback!
We got this USA!!
Elaine, is that really you? LOL! By bike ride, do you mean bicycle or motorcycle?
In conclusion for this Easter Monday is Suzanne Spencer
- What you do for CompAlliance: Network Development, Contract Negotiator
- What do you like best about your job? Flexibility in work
- What is your biggest challenge at this time, and how are you overcoming this challenge? Not being able to socially connect F2F
- What is one of your hobbies? Kayaking, gardening, baking, jewelry making, crafts in general
- Are you also functioning as the principal at your home? yes
- What is one positive you are experiencing during this time? Family time
- Do you have an insight or favorite poem, quote or thought you’d like to share? “You use a glass mirror to see your face, you use works of art to see your soul” George Bernard Shaw
- Is there a show or series you have been binge watching? Tiger King, Big Little Lies
- Is there a wish you have for when we get back to normal? Or, Can you think of one positive that will come out of this event? That people remain grounded to what is “truly essential” in life. Family time together at dinner table.
Thank you Suzanne. Those are my hopes also.