Workers’ Compensation Telephonic Case Management (TCM) utilizes an experienced Medical Case Manager to assist the claims professional with assuring appropriate, goal-directed, timely medical treatment and facilitation of a consistent, progressive return to work. This process also assists in facilitating an appropriate and timely resolution of a claim.
When is it appropriate to utilize Telephonic Case Management vs. Field Case Management?
- Early intervention at the time of injury to determine complexity of the claim
- Less complex medical conditions
- Need for initial connection with all stakeholders to coordinate care and obtain early projections for treatment and RTW
Features and Benefits of a TCM program:
- Nationwide On-line centralized referral process
- Early 4-point assessment to determine medical treatment plan and establish RTW potential
- Facilitate appropriate provider referrals
- Ongoing treatment evaluation
- Early communication sets a positive tone at case onset