With the heightened concern about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we anticipate many of you are making critical decisions around health, safety and operations. As your partner, CompAlliance, a Mitchell | Genex company, is committed first to the well-being of all stakeholders.
A Nurse Triage Program facilitates immediate telephonic contact with a Professional Nurse on a 24/7 basis for your employees and their supervisors, to help clarify concerns raised regarding potential exposure or contraction of the COVID-19 virus.
THE 24/7 TELEPHONIC TRIAGE NURSE CAN HELP CLARIFY AND OFFER ALTERNATIVES WHEN QUESTIONS ARISE
- NurseNow is the 24/7 Nurse Hotline that you call to provide direction as to next steps to take if you or your employee is concerned about exposure to, or contraction of, the COVID-19 virus.
- By contacting NurseNow your employee will receive direction regarding their best avenue for medical treatment from a nurse who has received the most current information regarding the assessment and treatment alternatives for the COVID-19 virus.
- The triage nurse utilizes the CDC Human Infection with 2019 Novel Coronavirus Person Under Investigation (PUI) and Case Report Form to perform the telephonic interview and assessment.
- The appropriate reporting entity (state or local health department) will also be contacted immediately for consultation and guidance.
- The nurse provides medical recommendations utilizing the most current CDC COVID-19 patient care guidelines and nursing judgement.
- The nurse will facilitate direction to an appropriate medical provider if necessary, per the guidance from your local or state health department. In the case of the COVID-19 virus, the appropriate action may be to go home and speak telephonically with the private medical physician, unless there are severe respiratory symptoms.
- A telephonic case manager can be assigned upon request for continual monitoring of the employee’s treatment plan through their personal medical provider, allowing communication of the employee’s return to work capabilities to the employer designee. Additional charges will apply.
Advantages of a 24/7 Telephonic Nurse Triage Program include:
- Quality medical recommendations are provided at the time of the event, minimizing financial impact and duration of lost time away from work.
- You are not responsible for making medical decisions for your employee.