Use of Targeted Light Duty in Workers’ Compensation cases assists the Employer and the Medical and Vocational Case Managers in their goals of keeping the Recovering Worker at work at the place of employment!
When an employer is committed to developing an in-house light duty program specific to their facility, providing for a productive workforce, and maintaining an open communication with the recovering worker, the CompAlliance Targeted Light Duty Program is the ideal solution!
Targeted Light Duty Program deliverables:
- On-Site Evaluation to Determine a Position or Duties as a Targeted Light Duty Position
- On-site Video (DVD)/Digital Pictures of Targeted Light Duty Position(s) if desired
- Written Description of Targeted Light Duty Position(s) Functional Requirements and Frequency of Requirement to Perform Job Duties
- Clarification and Explanation of all Recommended Light Duty Tasks to ALL Stakeholders as requested
- MD Signature Sheet for Approval if requested
When to Utilize the CompAlliance Targeted Light Duty Program:
- Assist Employer in Identifying Light Duty Tasks or Position(s) for an individual Recovering Worker within their Functional Capabilities
- Implementation of a Comprehensive Light Duty Program with an Employer
- Develop a Job Bank when the Employer desires to define Light Duty Position(s) that Match Commonly seen Light Duty Temporary Restrictions (i.e. Sedentary Duty, One Handed Work, No Overhead Lifting, etc.).
- Identify and Target Light Duty Tasks or Positions for Commonly Recognized Injuries
All positions are identified by Vocational Specialists with Certified Ergonomic Assessment (CEAS) credentials. If during the RTW process, a position offered by the employer is contested, the CompAlliance staff have the education, expertise and credentials to support their decisions!