When is it appropriate to utilize Workers’ Compensation Telephonic Case Management vs. Field Case Management?
- Early intervention at the time of injury to determine complexity of the claim
- Less complex medical conditions
- Need for initial connection with all stakeholders to coordinate care and obtain early projections for treatment and RTW
Workers’ Compensation Telephonic Case Management (TCM) utilizes an experienced Medical Case Manager to assist the claims professional with assuring appropriate, goal-directed, timely managed care services, medical treatment and facilitation of a consistent, progressive return to work. This process also assists in facilitating an appropriate and timely resolution of the workers’ compensation claim.
Features and Benefits of a TCM program:
- Nationwide On-line centralized referral process
- Early 4-point assessment to determine medical treatment plan and establish RTW potential
- Facilitate appropriate provider referrals
- Ongoing treatment evaluation
- Early communication sets a positive tone at case onset