The CompAlliance Workers’ Compensation Utilization Management program is philosophically different from traditional Utilization Review. The goal is to assist the recovering worker in obtaining timely Evidence-Based treatment, and to keep the employer and carrier informed to allow for informed decision making. White Paper diving deeper into the details and benefits of the CompAlliance UM program.
Our Utilization Management services can be blended with traditional Utilization Review for an effective Cost-Containment program that is compliant with State of California regulations and is URAC accredited.
- CompAlliance believes that Utilization Management when done well, is a strong alternative to an IME or a traditional Utilization Review
- CompAlliance’s Utilization Management program has shown outstanding results and great satisfaction for all our clients
- CompAlliance’s collaborative approach to Utilization Management saves you money on the cost of Utilization Review services while reducing your medical expenses and minimizing your exposure to penalties
- Traditional Utilization Review Physician Review is also available
Additional resources regarding Utilization Management and its application in workers’ compensation and healthcare
- URAC Guidelines for Workers’ Compensation Utilization Management
- Milliman Best practices to manage employer healthcare costs
- Institute of Medicine US Committee on Utilization Management
- The National Academies Press Controlling Costs and Changing Patient Care
- CMS Utilization Review as a Cost Containment Strategy